Yoga Nidra is simple and scientific powerful meditation technique for going into inner self from outward worldly happenings. It is a yogic technique – pratyahar, which literally mean withdrawal from outside to inside. Yoga Nidra helps you to release stress, anxiety while making you completely relaxed and fully refreshed. During this meditational practice, we consciously take our awareness to different parts of the body. When you practice this meditation, you will realize that you are in harmony with your mind and body; this harmony will boost your energy level tremendously.
How to do Yoga Nidra
This is simple basic meditation which can be done in Savasana or in a relaxed seating position. Through the practice of Yoga Nidra your brain effortlessly transitions into an altered state of consciousness which helps you relax, focus, sleep better, and much more. This can be done 15- 30 minutes for rejuvenating the mind and body.
- Make sure your spine and head should be in one straight line, either you are sitting on the chair or lying on the bed.
- Adjust everything- your body, your position, and your clothes until you are completely comfortable.
- Try to be still as possible, steadiness of body leads to steadiness your mind.
- Close your eyes and relax the whole body.
- Become aware of the breathing process
- Take a deep breath and as you breathe out feel the cares, worries and anxiety of the day flows out.
- Focus your attention only on that your body, not allowing your mind to become distracted by other things or outside the body. Repeat this process few times.
- Wherever you feeling some stress or discomforting your body focus your attention and awareness to that part of your body.
- Now allow yourself to be calm and relax, all tension and stress gone.
- Visualize your entire body and prepare to return in normal position.
- Slowly and normally rub your hands and put on your eyes and open your eyes.
Benefits of this Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra enhances body/mind rejuvenation, and gives improved immunity to stress in everyday life. Scientific studies confirm that guided meditation (Yoga Nidra) has a powerful impact on every aspect of a person, from lowering blood pressure, to strengthening the immune system and reducing stress and anxiety.This meditation will help you to unlock new ideas and burns negative tendencies.
Yoga Nidra is such a scientific powerful technique of relaxation which enables us to dive deep into the realms of sub-conscious mind thereby releasing all stress, anxiety and tensions. Ideally, everyone should try and practice this guided meditation regularly, on a daily basis. Preferably at the same time and in the same place and remember that the practicing of the Yoga Nidra meditation on the regular basis, it rejuvenates effects of the several hours sleep.